2009年4月8日水曜日

Garages !

Here is Winspear, Buffalo.

View Larger Map
Each house has a garage behind of the houses and the design/color are same to fit the environment/the landscape.



Yes, American house usually have a garage.( In my country; Japan, many people don't have...)Anyway,my image of American house is set with a garage. Americans do "garage sale" and it's popular. I remember that one of my favorite American TV shows;"That's 70s show" broadcast, including the scenes of garages. The main young characters often talk in front/inside of the garage and the scene shaped up my image of 70s American landscape...

According to the website "Garage door styles for traditional homes", there are many variety of styles and sizes. In my view, the type "Transom over flush door" might be not so popular...because I didn't see them many times.



American garages work as a storage shed at the same time and inside has many stuffs for cars which to maintenance,extra furniture or rough and large stuffs.



However.....
If the garage became messy/ dirty ground, then you can call this company :-)


By the way, some people use a garage as their working place. For example, below this picture that all stuffs are put in order and looks very beautiful and comfortable :-)



Look at this blow picture which the place has became a bar !
This might be jokking ? I don' know how many Americans do like this,but it's interesting idea.

2 件のコメント:

  1. I think you're right about garages as a place to work. Many people use it to build things or work on cars but I remember when my family was going to build a house all the model homes had set up offices in the garage. It seems kind of weird to me that they would do that though because usually realtors want homes to look as large as possible, and by putting a bunch of stuff in the garage it actually makes it look smaller than if it was empty.

    返信削除
  2. I don't think that bar is a joke, but it certainly would be a surprise to Henry Ford!

    返信削除